Saturday, May 14, 2011

USS Hornet 4/2/2011

Hello All,

I had the wonderful opportunity to volunteer on the U.S.S. Hornet again.  It was a beautiful warm day so the ship wasn't as cold as it was in the winter.  Heidi & I led a group around the ship.  It was a pretty quiet night compared to other nights, but I still got some responses (more than I thought). You can also listen to them all on youtube.

First, we went to the war room.  We got a series of knocks Knock. Knock2Knock3.

Then, I asked what the rank was and got a great response.  Rank.  I think he says crewman.

Heidi asks are there more than one of you there and it sounds like someone says look back.  Then there are some knocks. Lookback. Then we got a Hi. Hi Then a knock and a heah. Heah. Some more knocks and a No! Knock4 Knock5 No

The foscle area has these giant chains. There are stories that someone hung themselves in there as well as some accidents. We thought it was pretty quiet.

There was a lot of sounds and knocks. Here we got a yes. Yes A second yes to a question. Yes2. A noise. Noise. There is some noise and whispering in this clip and someone repeats the word Christmas. Christmas. Here's another response Voice.

We didn't have much luck in the admiral room. We did seem to get a yes in the sickbay. Yeah.

Ok, so the Mess hall was interesting. After first question, there's a yeah or here and then Jeff says, "My name's Jeff" and you sounds like someone whispers I'm ..... Then I say did you get a bloody nose and I think it sounds like it's cold (a voice - not mechanical but I can't be 100% sure). MessHall. The voices talking are in the next room. here's a heah. MessHeah. There's also this voice I can't make out what they are saying though. MessVoice.

So, I did sleep over that night. It was pretty crazy. We finished around 3 am. I was in this back room all by myself towards the middle of the ship. Most of the rest of the teams were in the sickbay or crew bunks. The other staff were in private rooms as well. I have to admit, I had to go to the bathroom on the way there and had another staff member walk me. It's pitch black and while I have a flashlight, it's spooky. I got back to my room and honestly, I started off with the light on and the suitcase propped up against the door cause the door didn't lock. I felt really jumpy so I was not getting any sleep. I finally just said screw it and turned the light off. It was so pitch black. I finally fell asleep and I had a nightmare. Someone was trying to get into the room and then I couldn't get out and we needed to evacuate the ship. Maybe I was making noise or something cause someone, in real life, yelled something in my ear and snapped me completely out of the dream. And mind you, I had earplugs on. Luckily, I didn't sit up and rolled out of the bed and turned on the light or else I would have totally hurt my head. I had the light on the rest of the night. The interesting thing is that the other women staff reported that they had nightmares too which is unusual for them.

I don't know if I'll sleep over again. I'm not sure. It was really really weird. Maybe if I sleep over next time, I'll sleep in the common areas with everyone else. I just don't like being touched or freaked out when I'm trying to sleep.

I love the Hornet. It never disappoints me. I always come home with evps and have a wonderful time. If you have been there and your in the Alameda area of California, you have got to check it out!.

No comments:

Post a Comment